This year we have two pretty incredible student Board members, Amy Jo and Katie. They have assisted in conference and event planning, helped direct the mentorship program, conducted surveys for the Board and attended major statewide environmental education meetings. Their input, help and guidance to the organization has been priceless! And we are very sad to see them leave us in just a few months.
SO, we need your help to fill their shoes! The Board of Directors is looking for students that can fill the student board position for the next school year (2012-2013). These positions are important to the Board because it helps give insight into what students are looking for when it comes to professional development, networking and job placement assistance.
Student Board Member Qualifications
- A fun, responsible, person with an interest in furthering environmental education in the state and representing the needs of student WAEE members
- A full or part time student enrolled at an accredited college or university
- Major in education, environmental education, natural resource management, interpretation or a related field
- A member of WAEE at time of appointment to the board
Student Board Member Duties
- Serve a 9 month to 1 year term beginning September 1, 2012
- Attend 75% of board meetings (there are usually four per year)
- Attend WAEE’s fall conference (October 25-27, 2012) and WAEE’s Winter Workshop (last weekend in January) and run the student meeting at these events
- Co-Coordinate mentor/mentee program to connect new and veteran WAEE members
- Provide a voice for WAEE student membership at board meetings
- Promote WAEE events and scholarships to students
Student Board Member Perks
- Great addition to your resume
- Make a difference in environmental education and have your ideas heard
- Network with like-minded individuals
- Have a say in creating priorities for WAEE
How to Nominate
Submit your resume and letter of reference froma college professor, advisor, supervisor, etc by May 15th, 2012 to the WAEE Office (contact information below)
Nominees will be informed of the Boards decision by mid-June.
Please help us spread the word about this opportunity!