The WAEE Fall Conference 2012 will be here before we know it!
And this event is not possible without the amazing organizations and companies that give their support through financial donations.
This year we are honored to have received a generous donation from the Wisconsin Environmental Education Board.
“The Wisconsin Environmental Education Board (WEEB) was established by 1989 Wisconsin Act 299, becoming law in 1990. Since its inception, the board has been an active working group. In addition to operating an environmental grants program, the board is recognized as a consensus-building group on environmental education issues. The unique make-up and mission of the board position it to provide needed leadership to environmental education while recognizing the importance of building common purpose and direction among diverse community sectors and stakeholders.”
The WEEB is comprised of seventeen members including:
- President of the University of Wisconsin System
- President of the Wisconsin Technical College System
- Secretary of the Department of Natural Resources
- Superintendent of Public Instruction
- One majority and one minority party Senator
- One majority and one minority party Representative
- Nine individuals representing the following sectors
- Business and Industry
- Conservation and Environmental Organizations
- Energy Industry
- Environmental Educators
- Faculty of public and private institutions of higher education
- Nature centers, Museums, and Zoos
WAEE and WEEB, along with the WI Environmental Education Foundation, have recently all joined forces to create, disseminate and implement Wisconsin’s Plan for Environmentally Literate and Sustainable Communities. Bringing together these three major environmental education organizations to collaborate on one project is going to produce some great results for the field of environmental education in WI. Be on the look out for more information regarding The Plan in the near future!
Thank you so much to our sponsor, Wisconsin Environmental Education Board, for supporting the WAEE’s annual effort to provide professional development for teachers and educators across the state.
For information about the WEEB grant program go here.
To see all of the incredible projects that WEEB has helped to make possible go here.