Found a pretty interesting job posting from the WI Department of Natural Resources. Working with sustainable business practices could be very interesting and rewarding work!
Department of Natural Resources
Business Sector Specialist
Job Announcement Code(s): 12-01908
|Classification Title: / JAC:
Job Working Title:
|ENVIRONMENTAL ASSISTANCE COORD 12-01908
Business Sector Specialist
|Type of Employment:
||Full Time (40 hrs/week)
||Starting pay is from $22.026 to $36.343 per hour depending on training and experience. A six-month probationary period is required. This position is in pay schedule/range 07-03.
||Lorie Caffrey, HR Specialist, 608-266-1407, Lorie.Caffrey@wisconsin.gov
|Area of Competition:
|Deadline to Apply:
Apply by 11:59 CDT on Monday, June 18th.
||12900 – 002 Env Assistance Coord
The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources is seeking to fill a Business Sector Specialist position which will help focus the DNR on sustainability and will be involved with planning, consulting and research activities designed to deliver sustainable development by promoting the state’s economic growth while fostering environmental protection. This position is assigned to the Bureau of Cooperative Environmental Services and the first vacancy to be filled is located at the Central Office in Madison, WI. This recruitment may also be used to fill future vacancies on a statewide basis.
The Business Sector Specialist is involved with planning, consulting and research activities designed to promote sustainable development by linking economic growth and environmental protection.This position is a highly trained specialist with systems thinking, sustainable development and relationship building in business to business and business to government relationships.
Special Notes: Occasional in-state travel may be required.
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices.
- Ability to analyze economic and environmental factors and trends as they relate to business and develop projects to respond to them.
- Ability to use communication, collaboration and facilitation skills to build and maintain business relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Skilled at recognizing problems and responding with appropriate solutions.
If you have a Wisc.Jobs account:
- Click “Log In to Apply” at the top of the job announcement and log into your account. When you have logged in, find and view job announcement 12-01908.
- Click “Apply Now” at the top of the job announcement.
- Review your Job Application and make any necessary updates and click “Continue.”
- Complete the Job Preferences screen and click “Continue.”
- You will be taken to the first page of the exam. Follow the exam instructions and click “save and continue” at the bottom of every page. Note: the page will “time out” after 20 minutes, so be sure to Save often.
- When you have answered all of the questions, click “Finalize Exam” to submit your application for this job. Your responses to the questions are considered an examination and will be used to determine the eligibility for this vacancy.
If you do not have a Wisc.Jobs account:
1. Click “Log In” at the top of the webpage.
2. Click the “Create New Account” button and follow the steps to create a new account
3. Click “Apply Now” at the top of screen and complete steps 3 – 6 from above.
If you need assistance with the online application process, call Lorie Caffrey at 608.266.1407. Applications will be screened and the most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in the next phase of the recruitment process. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.