A great invitation from Aldo Leopold Nature Center (organizational member)!
Please join us!
The Aldo Leopold Nature Center is hosting a Regional Climate Education Workshop for climate educators in the Central U.S., and we would like to extend the invitation to all of you! This full-day program will be held at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center in Madison, WI on Friday, September 21, and will include professional development, presentations from experts, facilitated roundtable discussion, access to quality resources, insights into our exhibits and programming, and more! (This workshop is being organized and supported through the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Climate Stewards Education Project.)
Other invitees include:
- Participants in the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Climate Stewards Education Project (NOAA CSEP) from Central Regions 1 and 2, and NOAA CSEP leadership team.
- Members of Nature Net (consortium of environmental education centers in South Central Wisconsin)
- Formal and non-formal educators and other members of the regional climate education community.
The day’s agenda will include*:
· 9:00am – Welcome and Introductions (Kathe Crowley Conn – President and Executive Director of the Aldo Leopold Nature Center)
· 9:30am – Climate Literacy Ambassadors presentation (Margaret Mooney – CSEP 2010 Alum, University of Wisconsin Cooperative Institute of Meteorological and Satellite Studies)
· 10:15am – Coffee Break
· 10:30am – Climate Change and Animals presentation (Claire Lannoye-Hall, CSEP Regional Leader for Central Region 1, Curator of Education at the Detroit Zoological Society)
· 11:30am – Lunch and break (feel free to enjoy ALNC’s grounds!)
· 12:30pm – Climate Education at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center: overview of programming and tour of climate education exhibits (Brenna Holzhauer – NOAA CSEP Regional Leader for Central Region 2, Manager of Exhibits and Digital Curricula at the Aldo Leopold Nature Center)
· 1:30pm – Climate Educator Roundtable – facilitated discussion of all participants, including expert partners and formal and non-formal educators (share success stories, present resources, ask questions)
· 2:45pm – Break (non-CSEP guests dismissed, may visit exhibit area)
*Program is subject to change.
RSVP to Brenna@naturenet.com by Friday, September 7, 2012.